Wednesday 11 April 2012

Three Poems I Wrote in Hospital


Here are three poems I wrote while stuck in hospital the other week. I wrote them to help me deal with my situation. Poetry really helps me express myself. I showed them to a select few nurses to help them understand how I was feeling.

Detained again



Detained again

Once more my freedom taken

Locked within four walls

My whole world shaken.



A confused mind

A battle within

Maybe it’s time

I should give in.



A fast flow of thoughts

A constant torrid

My head hurts

From hitting solid.



Needle pricks

On a bum bare

Arms pin me down

How is this fair?



Only four months

Since I was set free

Is this how my life

Is meant to be.



Maybe freedom

Is something I’ll never achieve

The situation at the moment

Is leading me to believe.





Trapped



Caged like an animal

Left to rot

Infinite time

Is all I’ve got.



As here I lay

In my prison like bed

Unkindly thoughts

Swirl through my head.



I was a fool

To end up here

Each day I wake

Each day I fear.



I had my chances

I blew them all

So the doctors

Took their detainment call.



I know it’s my fault

A thought I cannot bare

So for now I am trapped

In the void of a lair.



Keeping It Together



When there is no hope left

And everything around you is dying

Inside you are screaming and crying

But on the outside

Nothing shows you are alive

Just numbness portrayed

Trying is the hardest fashion

You must try

Or declare yourself fit to die

All the while you just want to

Let loose

Express your frustration

Go wild and commit obliteration

Surely there is mitigation?

But no

You must remain calm

Or otherwise you will continue

 To be trapped

Trapped in a nightmare

That is seemingly everlasting

Help!

Help!

Help!

I need someone to rescue me

From myself

From my situation

Before I resign myself

To a life of tormenting incarceration

Help!

Help!

Help!

Or is it just too late?



Brokenmind



x

No comments:

Post a Comment